The Man with the Flower in His Mouth
He wears a mask – he pretends to be an idling, strolling observer of others: an amused spectator. He watches people on the street, in shops, in cafes: wherever he finds them he notes their peculiarities and imagines their lives. Like a naturalist with a bone of an unknown creature, he extrapolates and forms an entire animal in his mind’s eye. It is his joy; it is his defence: he revels in life, so as to ignore death. For its shadow lies over him.
Group exhibition with works from Renée Pevernagie, Bart Spitaels, Lore Smolders, Jelle Martens, Tim Bruggeman, Jelena Vanoverbeek, Dominiek Colpaert and Pieter De Clercq.
Expo: Saturday 6 Feb & Sunday 7 Feb, 11 am – 6pm
Location: BLANCO, Coupure Rechts 308, 9000 Gent
– max. 18 visitors at a time
– make an online reservation before your visit
– keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters from each other
– follow the instructions and the indicated walking direction
– use the disinfecting hand gel at the entrance
– the use of mouth masks is mandatory
– name and contact details are registered on site
With support of Flanders State of the Art
𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁: https://calendly.com/blancozaal/things